Community Disability Worker
|Competition #:|| ||13-003
|Job Category: Replacement|
|Number of hours per week: Various|
At Catholic Social Services we believe that all people have value and self-worth. As a Community Disability Worker you provide high quality care supporting children with developmental disabilities and their families. You enthusiastically assist with daily living activities and social events supporting dignity, independence and empowerment. Open to learning new things, you want to become skilled in providing personal care, supporting behavioural challenges, helping with medical needs and implementing programs tailored to individual needs.
Catholic Social Services also offers:
• An Employee Assistance Program
• Extensive training provided to new staff and access to ongoing professional development opportunities
• A workplace that values and celebrates all of its employees on an ongoing basis
We have replacement positions available with no guaranteed hours before and after school and on evenings and weekends.
We are looking for people with the passion to expand the quality of life of another, as well as the following qualifications:
• Grade 12 education or equivalent
• Some experience in the human services field
• Experience with person with developmental disabilities and with personal care
• Class 5 driver’s license and driver’s abstract
• Insured vehicle
• Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search included
• Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Record Check
The salary range for this position is $13.13 - $16.93 per hour.
We thank all applicants. If your skill set matches those of other competitions, you may also be considered for other positions. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date:|| ||December 18, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
|Phone: (403) 347-8844
|Fax: (403) 342-1890