Human Resources Manager
|Competition #:|| ||13-015
|Job Category: Full Time|
|Number of hours per week: 40|
Human Resources Manager
This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week.
Catholic Charities/Catholic Social Services is seeking a seasoned human resources professional for the role of Human Resources Manager. This Agency is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1600 staff, delivering more than 130 programs throughout Central and Northern Alberta.
The position will require someone who holds a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial relations, business or equivalent, along with five or more years of progressive generalist experience. Preference will be given to candidates with supervisory experience.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the successful candidate will lead a team of HR professionals and oversee the management of daily recruitment, selection, and personnel transactions. With expert professional advice to managers and staff, you will provide guidance and support to all staff on the range of HR activities including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, recruitment, retention, performance management, employee relations, employee compensation, learning and development and internal communications.
Primary Duties Include:
• Management of the recruitment and staffing processes through the effective day-to-day delivery of HR services.
• Provide guidance for performance evaluation and performance management processes.
• Provide direction, coaching, support and guidance to supervisors and staff.
• Support human resources business planning.
• Support investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters in conjunction with the Human Resources Director.
• Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals.
• Manage the information held on the HR database and personnel files to ensure it is updated in a timely and accurate manner and complies with any legal or data protection policies.
• Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions.
• Excellent leadership and ability to motivate teams and individuals to reach their full potential.
• Ability to multitask, establish priorities and work effectively and independently.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality.
• Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent knowledge of government compliance, occupational health and safety, compensation management, benefits, policies and procedures, training and development, and Human Resources law and policies.
• Excellent planning and organization skills to meet deadlines.
This exciting opportunity includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience ($31.83 to $35.82), comprehensive pension and benefits packages as well as access to ongoing professional development and opportunity for advancement. If you want to help others while leading a dynamic team then apply today to be considered for an interview.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
Police Information Check, Intervention Record Check and/or summary of driving record are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
|Closing Date:|| ||January 25, 2013
||8815 99 Street
|Fax: (780) 439-3154