|Competition #:|| ||13-044
|Job Category: Full Time|
|Number of hours per week: 40|
This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week in Lloydminster.
Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1600 staff, delivering more than 130 programs through Central and Northern Alberta. We are inviting applications for the position of Program Supervisor for our new childcare in Lloydminster, scheduled to open this summer with hours of operation from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm.
The successful candidate for this position, will Plan and implement childcare programs according to the Agency’s policies, standards of Alberta Provincial regulations and accreditation standards. In addition, will be one of the primary contacts for parents of children enrolled in our childcare programs.
Primary Duties Include:
• Plan, supervise, coordinate and implement suitable programs to ensure high quality care according to the licensing standards and regulations
• Develop and maintain policies to ensure safety and welfare of each child at the Centre
• Develop culturally appropriate programs and activities, preparing interesting and imaginative activities according to the needs/stages of the children as well as for the needs of the group. (Providing various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and storytelling)
• Create and maintain a developmentally/physically appropriate learning environment according to the childrens needs
• Ensure the provision of nutritious snacks and lunches are provided, as per standard approved
• Ensure children are supervised at all times as per approved standards.
• Initiate, establish and maintain a continuing positive and supportive relationship with parents and community
• Promote good public relations at all times and represent the Centre in a professional manner
• Inspect facilities and equipment on a regular basis to ensure standards are met
• Plan and assist casual staff.
• Develop monthly and yearly statistic/benchmarking about number of participants, costs of equipment, supplies and maintenance
A Degree/Diploma in Child and Youth Care, Early Childhood Education, human services or equivalent is required for this position. Your child development supervisor certification, along with your three years of experience in childcare, and/or working with early childhood development will be essential to your success. Supervisory experience is preferred and a vehicle and valid driver’s licence is required.
|Closing Date:|| ||March 06, 2013
|Phone: (780) 875-9084
|Fax: (780) 875-5007