Childcare Development Assistant
|Competition #:|| ||14-004
|Job Category: Part Time|
|Number of hours per week: |
Various positions and hours are available including full-time, part-time and replacement.
As a Childcare Development Assistant for East Central Region, the successful candidate for this position, will Perform age-appropriate activities of children enrolled in the Footprints Family Centre; supporting other staff with assigned activities and assisting in maintaining a clean and safe environment, in accordance with the Agency’s philosophy and the licensing standards and regulations with hours of operation from 7:00am – 6:00 pm. You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1600 staff, and 2000 volunteers delivering 130+ programs through Central and Northern Alberta.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the successful candidate will complete the following primary duties:
1. Monitor children in various activities (snack time, group or individual play, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
2. Monitor student behavior for the purpose of ensuring student compliance to established regulations and maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
3. Set up the Footprints Family Centre; arrange supplies and materials for children’s use according to the standards.
4. Sterilize bottles and prepare formula
5. Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits
6. Dress children and change diapers
7. Prepare craft materials and assist children to use them.
8. Perform housekeeping tasks such as laundry, cleaning, dishwashing, and changing of lines; and all duties outlined in the daily shift requirements
9. Perform daily health checks and log information
10. Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
11. Assist the supervisor maintaining close communication and documentation with staff on the development and progress of the children
12. Initiate, establish and maintain a continuing positive and supportive relationship with parents and community
13. Assist in the development and maintenance of a current database of the Centre. Promote good public relations at all times and represent the Centre in a professional manner
It will be essential that you have:
• The capacity to work under occasional supervision
• The ability to do some lifting and pulling, much walking
• A high level of visual attention or mental concentration
• The capability to proceed on own when majority of job duties are defined by general instruction
• The ability to tactfully discuss problems, submit reports and make recommendations
You have a High School Diploma, Childcare Development Assistant certificate or Alberta government sponsored child-care orientation course. Alberta Childcare Certification Formerly level 1 is required. Your completion of a 45 hour (3 credit) college-level course in child development, and one year of experience in childcare and early childhood development has also prepared you for this rewarding opportunity. Equivalencies will be considered.
The hourly wage for this position is $13.02 to $14.65 per hour based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
We thank all applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive
Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector Search, Intervention Record Check and/or summary of driving record are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
As a Catholic social services agency we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect
|Closing Date:|| ||October 01, 2014
|Phone: (780) 875-9084
|Fax: (780) 875-5007